Are you ready to take your hospitality career to new heights? Could you be one of the next rising stars in hospitality? Would you like to be an ambassador for Scotland in Europe and an ambassador for European learning when you come home? We have the opportunity for you!
Light on the Path and its partners are looking for dynamic, young hospitality trainees to become ambassadors of European learning and to give their career and experience a boost. To do this, we are offering three more internships in Europe for trainees, apprentices or student chefs, food and beverage specialists or front desk. Our first three interns have gone to Gothenburg and Amsterdam. Now we have three internships available from 22 October to 31 March 2018. These are all fully-funded, thanks to the EU’s Erasmus+ programme.
If your application is successful, you will get your travel, accommodation, food and spending money provided, along with four weeks of culture and local language training.
You just have to be passionate, open-minded, a great team-player and keen to learn and share your learning.
No need for foreign languages to apply. You will get a four-week intensive Spanish course at the beginning of the Tenerife placements and then four months to practise your Spanish.
Could this be an opportunity for you?
To qualify for the programme, you must be in vocational training for hospitality or catering before you go, finishing your training no earlier than 31 March 2017, and starting no later than 30 August 2017. The training can be:
- as a student at a further education/vocational college
- as an apprentice
- as an employee or volunteer doing vocational training, ideally an SVQ, but potentially a more substantial in-house course with learning outcomes assessed and recognised
- as a trainee doing individual, recognised hospitality qualifications
In addition, you need to be:
- 18 or older (by 31 December 2017)
- a UK or EU citizen or have lived in the UK for at least three years with permission to work
Find out more and apply
Any questions, contact Sabrina Allison at Light on the Path at email@example.com.